Monday, June 8, 2009

Day # 2 - Des Moines, IA

We started the day in Goodfield, IL and we have ended it just outside Des Moines, IA. We left Goodfield around 7:00AM CST and pulled into the campground in Des Moines a little after 2:00PM. The drive was fine, but it was very rainy and windy and that always makes pulling a camper tiring on the Driver (aka…me)

Right now it is rainy and cold. But when we pulled in this afternoon, the sun was shining and we were able to get a dip in the pool before the weather turned.



We did stop at the Iowa Visitors Center to get some information about any stops/side trips that were worth taking today or tomorrow as we make our way towards Mount Rushmore. But Iowa is what Missy and I feared it would be...uneventful. There is a nice Amish community we could stop at, but Ohio has plenty of that. And some of the Lewis & Clark monuments look interesting to Missy and me, but the kids would be bored. And since we were nowhere near the “Field of Dreams” house and baseball field, we will probably just push on tomorrow to South Dakota.

1 comment:

  1. Tony, glad to hear your bearing-cap situation worked out OK. I repacked the bearings in my camper earlier this week, using the great How To examples you provided. I was able to re-use the inner seals. ...and hopefully my caps stay put better than yours did. What a fluke!
    -Kurt

    ReplyDelete